I was thinking about friends and personalities
There isn’t one type of person that everyone likes. You can have different tastes in people. Sometimes you may like a person because they always make you laugh, but maybe they are also terribly quick to anger when they are driving. A friend could have an unbelievable well of empathy but sneaks home packs of pens they stole from the office. It’s always a balance when it comes to people. You take the good, you take the bad, and there you have.
What are my favorite traits in people?
- I like people who make me laugh
- I like people who follow through with things they talk about.
- Not necessarily related to me, just that they occasionally follow talk with action.
- I like people who share at least one or two interests with me
- I like people who make me want to do better for myself, whether it’s healthwise, or education or my own humanity
- I like people who have lives that are very different from my day to day life.
- like watching small doses of reality television
- I like people who are genuine
- I like people who are mostly drama-free or at least they don’t create drama where there isn’t any
- I like people who like me. Who have a genuine interest in something about me.
- I’ve always found of the most telling traits is when someone never asks you a question about yourself, ever.
- if people lie easily about unimportant things I have to assume they are lying to me as well.
I don’t need friends who have all of those traits, though my closest friends, definitely have way more than one, but I need at least of those things to latch onto to make you and I be able to spend time together.
I did not write the above today so now it’s double typing day.
I woke up with a headache after unpleasant dreams. 🙁 I need some beauty in my life today I think. I may go to the art museum. I want to take pictures of the ceiling and door jams.
I have a tentative lunch either today or thursday.
I have been doing much better on my running. After that infection early this year I could just not bounce back. I am also trying so hard to establish a pattern that works for my joints as well as for my need a pattern personality. My brain wants me to run every day or not at all. My hips and feet say NO. So I’m aiming for four days a week.
My doctor changed the dosage on my thyroid meds and I think that is helping. I don’t feel so cold and unanimated. I think the fatigue might be a little better too. I do think a lot of it is the Kadcyla. This has been the year of sitting. I just want to nap all the time. Typing the word nap makes my eyes want to close. For those of you who have never experienced a long term effect of fatigue, it’s not the same as being tired. It’s that feeling you get when you have the flu, the just want to curl up under blankets and not move feeling. Everything feels like far too much effort.